Weems & Plath
About Weems & Plath
Manufacturers of time-tested nautical instruments for safe and enjoyable boating. Since their founding in the 1920's, their innovations have become mainstays on boats and on their voyages.
- Plaques & Bases
- Charts & Accessories
- Navigation Tools
- Den Haan Lamps
- E.S. Sorensen Lamps
- Foresti & Suardi
- Weems & Plath Lamps
- Metal Polish
- Lamp Fuel
- Chart Weights
- Home & Office
- Books, Logs & Covers
- Electrical Books (12 Volt)
SOS Distres Light
THE ONLY ALTERNATIVE TO TRADITIONAL FLARES
The SOS Distress Light is the first and ONLY LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Unlike traditional flares, this electronic flare never expires which solves the challenge of flare disposal.
This floating electronic flare can be hand-held, tethered, or hoisted aloft. It runs up to 60 hours, unlike traditional flares which last minutes or less.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013
- Flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package), meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use in lieu of traditional flares
- Floats with lens-up to optimize both the all-around horizontal and vertical light beams
- No expiration or disposal issues
- Family and boat SAFE – no flame!
- SIMPLE twist-on operation
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Battery-operated (3 C-cell Alkaline)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Patent Numbers: 9,171,436 and D720,247
Info Sheet: SOS Distress Info Sheet
Case QTY: six
Manufacturer's Website and Catalog
Catalog Download: Weems & Plath Weather and Navigation Catalog